Carson Dunlop Weldon and Associates Ltd., (CDW Engineering) has been benefiting building owners
for over 30 years. One of the best ways to maximize the value of your asset and reduce operating
expenses is to retrofit with more efficient equipment. This process starts with an Energy Audit.
An Energy Audit by CDW Engineering is performed by experienced engineers and follows ASHRAE
and Natural Resources Canada guidelines. Our philosophy for energy audits is to provide sound
recommendations for upgrades with realistic payback periods. We provide additional value,
by identifying applicable incentives from various levels of government, utility providers, etc.,
considering the useful life of the existing equipment in our recommendations and by assisting
in the completion of the necessary incentive application forms. While we understand the need
to minimize our impact on the environment, we also recognize that an acceptable return
on investment is an important consideration. We do not offer design or contracting services;
therefore, you know our recommendations are unbiased.
WHAT IS AN ENERGY AUDIT?
A CDW Engineering Energy Audit consists of the following four steps:
- Perform historic energy use analysis prior to the site visit.
- Perform site review of the building and its operating characteristics.
- Identify potential modifications that will reduce the energy use and/or operating cost.
- Prepare a report to document the analysis, results and ranked recommendations,
including appropriate cost to implement and pay back.
WHY PERFORM AN ENERGY AUDIT?
Because it is the first step to saving you money! here are a few more reasons retrofits make sense:
- It will reduce your impact on the environment
- There are incentives available to reduce your capital costs for the improvements
- By attaining accreditation, such as LEED EBOM© or the BOMA BESt© standard,
you will attract tenants looking to save money and be a “greener” corporation
- It will increase the value of your property.