Richard Weldon, P.Eng, LEED AP
- Graduated in 1987 from the University of Toronto with a B.A.Sc in Mechanical Engineering.
- Designated by the Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario
as a Professional Engineer in 1989.
- Designated as a Consulting Engineer in 1995.
- West Central Region Councilor, Professional Engineers Ontario.
- An employee of Carson, Dunlop & Associates Ltd. from 1987 to 1997. Duties included inspecting
over 4,000 residential and commercial buildings of various descriptions and reporting on conditions
of major components such as structure, building envelope and mechanical systems.
- An employee of Carson, Dunlop, Rohmann & Associates Ltd. in 1991. Duties include detailed
progress inspections of roofing membrane installations, consulting with architects on roofing
details and procedures and specification writing for roofing applications.
- Formed Carson, Dunlop, Weldon & Associates Ltd. with Alan Carson and Robert Dunlop in 1997.
- Served as an expert witness to the Ontario Courts-General Division.
- Revised and updated the Rehabilitation Skills Course for Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation.
Continuing education courses include:
- Deterioration and Failure of Concrete Structures, University of Toronto.
- Ontario Building Code – Part 9 Technical Requirements, Ontario Ministry of Housing.
- Electrical Safety Code, University of Toronto.
- Structural Design, University of Toronto.
- Advanced Plumbing Design, Seneca College
- Ontario Building Envelope Council.
- Ontario Plumbing Inspectors Association.
- Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada.
Co-authored and currently teaches Commercial Property Assessment courses for various public
and private groups across North America.